Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Old Japan slides - Part III

Today I took photos of another group of my Japan slides through the window again, but this time with an addition of a piece of white paper taped to the window. White paper makes the colors more blue and purple-y. Against the blue sky, I see more yellow in the slides. Interesting....










Fish drying women - 能登半島 c. 1986

These women are skewering fish for drying, so I called them "fish drying women". They could also be called "women drying fish" or "fisherwomen drying fish".... They were working in this warehouse open to the day as I was cycling on the road that encircles the Noto Peninsula (能登半島).










Little fish drying women














In 1986 when I took this photo I liked this man's beret and kimono and that his wife wore "western" style dress. I still like it. They both looked perfectly comfortable and content to enjoy a beautiful day at the Kyoto Botanical Gardens, in Kita-Ku, Kyoto.


















Happy Buddha

Throughout Japan you will find statues of buddhas, bodhisattvas, gods and goddesses, and other celestial or magical beings placed in nooks between buildings and in specially built alcoves, altars, and shrines. They are taken care of and respected. Nobody disturbs the altars or statues or steals them as would likely happen in any city, USA.


















Little Happy Buddha

No comments: