Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thank you, apples.


Yesterday I went apple picking with friend Josh of Neighborhood Harvest here in Ashland. We picked the remaining yellow apples from a good climbing tree using ladder and apple pickers with extension handles. We ended up with 2 boxes of sweet apples. This afternoon, I made apple sauce - just apples cut into small pieces cooked in water and sprinkled with a pinch of pink himalayan salt and a little powdered cinnamon. Such a warm feeling to be out in the fresh air harvesting fruit with friends. I like seeing how things grow.




Yellow apples with their green tomato, potato, and onion buddies

2 comments:

Anita Thomhave Simonsen said...

I adore your love of picking fruit and vegetables....and they look beautiful in the basket....I have recently bought a very nice apple from a organic farmer and it was so tasteful and delicious that i want to buy some more and store in a colder room for the winter this year...so tasty that i just had to close my eyes when eating it....and i´m longing for picking my own apples and look forward to plant new fruit trees as soon as possible on my newest land....

Nicole Raisin Stern said...

Hej, Anita,

I wonder... since some months have passed, have you planted new fruit trees? I am planting seeds now in my heart/mind to have access to land in which to plant, tend, and harvest, and a home from which to continue to create beauty.

All Love to you, Birka, and Orla.
Nicole