Sunday, August 21, 2005

Evening snack

Just in from a walk with Yuki. Before that, I was at Singing Bird Sangha, the Thich Nhat Hanh meditation group I sit with in Tucson. Now, I am eating a yummy, warm sandwich of crunchy salted natural peanut butter with fruit jam on whole wheat sourdough toast and drinking a tall glass of soy milk to which I've added kuro goma kinako 黒ごまきな粉 (black sesame seed powder), a Japanese treat that my friend Chi gave me. It makes the soy milk taste sesame-y and naturally sweet.
On our walk, I saw that the night blooming cerius had opened with the light of the still bloated full moon. So, I took a picture. Here it is.





















And the following photos I took last night on my way to Himmel Park with Yuki--Prickly pear, cholla, and flowering cholla.




At Himmel, we stumbled upon the mini luau and dance rehearsal of the Tucson Polynesian Club. Yuki got a discarded rib to chomp on and I got to listen to lovely Polynesian music and watch hula dancing. They'll perform in front of Old Main on Wednesday wearing their traditional dress. I plan to go see.

No comments: