Wednesday, July 18, 2007

morning treasures

















Yuki & I went on a walk this morning through the UA campus and, when we got back, I found this chimenea by the dumpster in the alley behind my house. I cleaned it out, put its broken right foot in place, and set it on my tea patio under the ramada. Come late autumn, it'll be cool enough to light a little fire and watch squirrel's insides glow orange and red.











On my walk through campus, we went over to the cactus garden and then looped around to Old Main to see my favorite old cactus.




































































Here's a watercolor sketch I did of the UA cactus garden on a similar walk through campus two years ago:













The UA cactus garden is a popular place to be photographed at graduation. I had my photo taken here, too, after commencement (May, 1999). Here I am in my hot black nylon cap & gown in 100° temperature standing with my mom. My dad wasn't there... he died a few weeks before. I graduated from UA with a Bachelor of Arts degree in East Asian Studies, Japanese Thought & Religion, with a minor in Spanish.












The old interesting cactus at Old Main and some yellow flowers by the new student union.





No comments: