Monday, June 04, 2007

teapot no. 40 x 3
















































Tonight I drew teapot no. 40 with my sumi Kaimei pen on a piece of brown paper bag and colored it in with Crayola crayons. The Japanese writing at the top of the page says nihon no kyuusu 日本の急須 which means "Japanese teapot". I modeled my teapot drawing after my friend ya ma's Japanese teapot photo. I like that particularly Japanese style of pot with the outstretched handle.

After scanning in the original teapot drawing, I noticed a crinkly line I didn't like (in the top drawing). I wanted to redo the scan to get rid of the crinkle, so I pressed down on the drawing with my hands as it scanned and got the middle version! That was a surprise. I hadn't expected to see my hands coming through the brown bag paper. The third version (bottom) is the result of pushing the magic "invert" button in my HP Photo Gallery software. Here are the first 39 teapots of my second set of 100 teapots.

* * *

No comments: